From a young writer to young writers...everywhere.

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Introduction

Hi there! I'm Emily, hereafter known as Supreme Master of This Blog.

If you're on this blog, you're most probably a young writer. Either that or you've come here by a weird twist of fate, in which case...welcome. But to all of the young writers out there: you're not alone.

There are lots of us. Lots and lots and lots, and I'm saying this because sometimes it feels like we're all alone in the world. Like we're the only teengagers writing novels or poems or songs. Well, we're not. I feel your pain and your joy. I've been there, done that, and I'm still doing it.

So here's who I am: Emily, a 15-year-old Potterhead Nerdfighter; Potterheads being Harry Potter fans and Nerdfighters being people made entirely of awesome. If you're not either of those two things, don't let it worry you. This blog is about WRITING, not about the many virtues of JK Rowling. I write mainly short stories, but I'm working on a novel at the moment. I read a lot as well; classics and sci-fi and fantasy and young adult and romance and...lots. Anything, really, that I can get my hands on. I love cats, playing piano and dancing, but writing tops them all.

Welcome, officially, to the blog of Emily. I hope you enjoy it.


3 comments:

  1. Hello Emily, I believe we have met. You live at house number 8 and you are a flagpole. I am the most epic at balderdash.
    Yours Sincerely,
    Anonymous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah.

    Katmac, it would be nice if that were true! Make sure you come back here, I'll be posting new stuff probably every day.

    ReplyDelete