From a young writer to young writers...everywhere.

Monday 13 August 2012

International Left-Handers Day!

So as you might have guessed, I'm left-handed. We lefties have our fair share of problems: the right kind of scissors, having ink all the way down your pinky and the side of your hands, bumping into people when they're writing and drawing numbers backwards when we were kids (or was that just me?).

But that's not what I want to talk about. Today, in honour of lefties everywhere, I want to talk about the fact that we're often associated with being more creative. There are more left-handed people in jobs such as the arts and we're said to use our right brain, which controls creativity.

To be honest I'm not so sure. I know scores of people that are right-handed and are brilliant at art, music or, like we are, writing. Maybe that's just because there's a higher percentage of them. What I do know is that every single left-handed person I know is creative.

Leonardo Da Vinci was left-handed. So were Lewis Carroll, Bach and Michelangelo.

Have a very happy lefties day! If you're right-handed, we know you can be creative too!

Are you a leftie? Comment below. i'd love to hear your thoughts.


2 comments:

  1. Not all lefties I know are creative. In fact, the only ones I know are usually really left- brained and good at math and logic x]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all lefties, no. I'd forgotten all my maths teachers that are somehow left-handed...hmm! I'd really like to know how it all works.

      Thanks for sharing!

      Delete